As we wait for the Taigun, Honda announces plans to launch the 2015 HR-V - VW Taigun Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By vDub

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
As we wait for the Taigun, Honda announces plans to launch the 2015 HR-V

There hasn't been any indication of when the VW Taigun will be coming out other than speculation. As far as the speculators are concerned, the Taigun should be coming out in 2015 or 2016, which really isn't that exact of a date to make plans around.

While VW remains mum on the Taigun, its competitor Honda just released photos of its 2015 HR-V at the new York International Auto Show. It is going to be going on sale this winter.

The Taigun must be close to being ready for production. VW does have a lot of other projects on the go, the Toureg, Golf GTI, and Jetta all have been revealed recently. Perhaps this is eating up VW's time and efforts.

Compared to the Taigun, I think that the HR-V has a more sproty and aggressive styling. The Taigun tends to be a bit more on the European side with less body contours and a more square shape. Additions to the Taigun's design, like roof rails and LED spotlights, give the Taigun a utilitarian look, but not really an aggressive or modern look.

Now its unclear exactly which markets both vehicles will be coming to, but let's say that you did have the choice between the two in your home country. Which do you like better?

I think I might be drawn more towards the sportier styling of the Honda HR-V than the more reserved styling of the Taigun.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 06:23 PM

This should help VW boost their efforts to get the taigun out their in time to rival the HRV. Looks like this segment will be a booming one.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 02:12 PM

it'll be interesting to see how these compare

seems like they do compete as they will both be affordable and come with low displacement engines

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodinblack View Post
it'll be interesting to see how these compare

seems like they do compete as they will both be affordable and come with low displacement engines
It will, especially as we see a production model version of the Taigun since here we're looking at a production HRV and concept Taigun.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 01:36 PM

i think if the HRV proves to be successful then there's a good chance that it could push VW to bring the Taigun to the states.

t_gun likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDub View Post
i think if the HRV proves to be successful then there's a good chance that it could push VW to bring the Taigun to the states.
I can see that happening.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 05:02 PM

But we do need to consider if VW is even worried about following Honda and trying to compete with them, VW is already a really successful brand.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 04:14 PM

I heard they plan to drop a 2.0 4 cylinder turbo in the honda, what are the chances of that actually happening. i thought for a vehicle like this that an engine that big and powerful would be too expensive.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 03:26 PM

It seems like a good idea to me
I would love to have that much power in a vehicle as small as this.